Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hello World!



This is my very 1st entry in to my new blog, all very exciting times ahead.A brief history for everyone who does not know me i have been a hairstylist for as long as i can remember working all the way up through school on saturdays and summer holidays always spent in a salon, i decided straight after school to go and get my qualifications in Robert Chambers on Grafton street and from here i went to work in our family run salon for the next few years and really learned my craft.
As a manager in the salon and stylist i really learned so much about hair, life, girl talk and relationships i loved every second of it i really grew up here.
Sadly the salon closed recently due to economic climate it was very sad at the time but sometimes things end for the start of a new beginning and i really needed a new beginning.
I have set up my new business as a freelance hair and make up artist, called Aoife Kennedy: HairFairy.
I got the very cute name from a client of mine a very long time ago thank you (Sharon Beatty the most stylish woman alive , check out her website here) she used to say i could give her gorgeous sparkly hair that no one eles could do and give her the '' Best blow-dry in Dublin and best platinum blonde highlights" Sharon used to ask me to make her sparkle.
I love the name because it is totally me. I totally am in love with my job, im so lucky. I love making women feel beautiful and gorgeous and every time i do, i feel like my fairy dust has worked its magic.
Every client is very special to me, its such a personal experience doing hair and make up and i treat every job like its the 1st job. I put my heart and soul in to my work and take massive pride in it.
Since the salon closing i decided i needed to learn a new skill i have always adored make up so i thought doing hair & make up would really complement each other as clients ask for it for events weddings, occasions etc. so i did a course with the brilliant Derrick Carberry, it was so fantastic and now im just as hooked!!
The products i am using are mostly M.A.C and Bobbi Brown. Im building up my kit week by week, i will post some pics soon of hair and make up i have done.
I hope i have given you all a little insight in to my life past and present and im so looking forward to my new journey not just posting about hair and make up but also fashion products, hair tips and cosmetics.
For now peace, love and sparkles xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment